Today our environmental problems have become so outrageous people feel they have no effect on them. The environment faces many problems such as global warming, endangered species and natural resources. According to statistics, it is said that the average American uses eight times the natural resources of the average world citizen and produces five times the air pollution of the average world citizen. When statistics are that high, it is important to find out what we are doing wrong. There area many different ideas to help our environment, but the one thing that is needed most is teamwork.
Are you a college student that is looking to help save the environment? If so, there are many ways to help out. Need some ideas? Then continue reading below to get started.
- Recycle – This goes for everything. Whether you take back your bottles to get a deposit, recycle the weekly newspapers or reuse plastic bags at the grocery store, you can help out the environment. Just think, if everyone were to participate in recycling we wouldn’t have any problems. So yes, one person can make a difference.
- Plant trees – Planting trees is a great way to help out the environment. The more you plant, the healthier the area will be. This means less pollution and more clean oxygen.
- Carpool – Not only does carpooling save money, but it also helps the environment. If we all carpooled on a daily basis, think of how much cleaner the air would be and how much money could be saved.
- Re-use what ever you can – Try to find things you can re-use on a daily basis. Whether you re-use plastic bags or water bottles, you can make a difference.
- Less water – It is very common for us to take long showers, leave the water running when brushing our teeth and washing dishes. Try to avoid using as much water as possible.
- Club – Join an environmental club! This is a great way to make new friends, volunteer and help the environment.
There is a great way for everyone to help the environment. Try to be creative, spread the word and simply recycle. Not only will you feel better about the choices you’re making but you’ll create a happier and healthier earth as well!