We all have the goal of getting into a certain college. Ever since we were little we may of wanted to attend the college, or the challenge is something that draws our attention. Some colleges are extremely hard to get into, and some people love the challenge. If you’re one of them, you may have considered one of these top 10 hardest colleges to get into. These colleges have some of the lowest exceptance rates, and only allow certain students to attend their college. Do you think you have a shot, and you have what it takes to get accepted? If so, consider one of these college listed below!
- MIT – We’ve all heard of MIT it’s the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This private school is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts and has an acceptance rate of around 12%
- Priceton - Princeton is a private university located in Princeton, New Jersey. It is also the 4th oldest university in the United States! Priceton’s acceptance rate is around 10%
- Harvard – We’ve all heard of Harvard, it is one of the best law schools in the nation. Harvard has an acceptance rate of around 7%.
- Brown – Providence, Rhode Island holds another tough college to get into. Brown’s acceptance rate is around 13%.
- Yale - Yale University is a private university that lies in New Haven, Connecticut. Yale’s acceptance rate is around 8%.
- California Institute of Technology – This private university is located in Pasadena, California. While it’s acceptance rate is around 16%.
- Stanford - Stanford is a private school located in the Silicon Valley in California. It is a wonderful business school, but if you apply, you have around a 10% of getting accepted.
- Washington University - Washington University in St. Louis is a private university located in St. Louis, Missouri. This being another business school has an acceptance rate of around 17%
- Penn – We’ve all heard about how great Penn State is! It was founded by Ben Franklin, and has an acceptance rate of around 17%.
- Columbia – Columbia University located in New York, New York has a very low acceptance rate of around 11%.
As you can see, there are some very hard colleges to get into. The ones listed above, being some of the toughest. Although they may be tough, you don’t want to give up just because of a number. People do get accepted, just the rate is lower than most colleges!