This is part 4 of 6 on the dorm room essentials
No dorm room isn’t complete without electronics. In order to keep yourself entertained, as well as keep you going during the day, there are some electronics that you’re going to absolutely need.
I made a small, yet simple list of items that you should consider for your dorm, when it comes time to bring items up to your dorm room.
- Alarm clock
- Blank CDs / DVDs
- Camera – Video camera, as well as a camera. You’ll need this for some projects, and it’s great for memories as well.
- Cell phone – If you can’t afford a cell phone, consider using free services online to call such as Skype, or TextYourBuddy for free text messaging.
- Chargers – Bring chargers for everything that you have. Things such as your cell phone, laptop, and more.
- Computer – Obviously, this is a huge essential. I would highly recommend a laptop, or netbook, so that you can take it to class. Check out the best netbooks in 2010 post that I created a few days ago.
- Laptop lock
- Power strip – Great to control all of your electronics in one location. Also, going to protect your equipment from power surges.
- Printer – You’re going to need to print papers all the time, this is essential!
- Speakers for computer
These are the main essentials that you’ll need when it comes down to your electronic essentials. By looking at the list, you’re going to find that some are essential, while some may be optional. It’s up to you to decide on what you want to bring. You may find that during the school year, that you’ll need some of these. For now, bring what you think you’ll need, and go from there.