The Android is finally here, and if you have got your eyes set on it, or you have it, you may be missing out on some of the best applications out there for your phone. Just like the iPhone, the Android allows you to download applications for your phone, both free, and some that charge a small amount. If you’re looking for apps that will work great with you, and your school work, here are some that I highly recommend.
The top Android apps for college students…
- Pocket Knowledge: Create a new query, and ask the phone anything you want, and you’ll get answer. From math, to physics, it will have just about any answer that you need!
- MyPocketProf: This is the ultimate student productivity tool on the Android. You can upload all of the notes that you have taken, and upload them to your phone. The best thing after all of this is done is that you can sell them when you’re done!
- Brain Cafe: There are a few of these apps online, but it all depends on what category you want to study. From psych, to geography, test your knowledge, and see how much you know.
- CoursePro: Store your syllabus with your class, and track how you’re doing during the semester. Know what’s coming up, as well as what kind of grade you’re getting in the classroom.
- ShareYourBoard: Does your professor take a lot of notes on the whiteboard, or blackboard? If they do, simply take a snapshot, and upload it to your phone.
- Wapedia: It’s just like Wikipedia, but a little better in my eyes for the phone. You can simply search for what you’re looking for, and get the answers that you need.
- ColorDict Universal Dictionary: The application title basically explains it all. It’s a dictionary straight to your Android. Look up words in a snap, and get the definition right then, and there.
New applications are going to come out everyday, and since the Android is open source, you may start seeing some great applicatoins coming out on the Android, rather than the iPhone. If you haven’t looked at one yet, head down to a Verizon store, and I’m almost certain that you’ll be amazed.