If you plan on becoming a veterinarian, or anything like it, you’re probably going to want to go to a popular school that will give you a well rounded education. When it comes time to apply for a college, it’s important to know what colleges are great, and which ones aren’t. Since many colleges cater to specific fields, some are obviously going to be better than others.
As of 2009, here are some of the colleges that you may want to check out, if you’re interested in any vet type program:
- Auburn University in Auburn, AL
- Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, AL
- University of California in Davis, CA
- Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO
- University of Florida in Gainesville, FL
- University of Georgia in Athens, GA
- University of Illinois in Urbana, IL
- Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN
- Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS
- University of Minnesota in St. Paul, MN
All of these schools have their own veterinary medicine branch that is highly recommended by the American Veterinary Medical Association, or otherwise known as the AVMA.
Besides the top ten mentioned above, there are other schools that didn’t make the list, that would make a great school as well. Colleges such as Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, North Carolina State, Texas A and M, and more are all others that you may want to look into when considering the college as well.
Remember, just because the college is great for veterinary medicine, it doesn’t mean it’s going to be the greatest college for you. I would recommend that you look back on a post that I wrote on important factors when choosing a college.