We start thinking about college early in high school. We realize how many colleges there are to choose from, what we want to major in, and if we want to stay in state or attend college out of state. There are several options, and possibilities, but it’s important to think about what is best for you. Not to mention, there is the choice to go to a public college or a private college. If you’re thinking about considering a private college, check out what the top 10 private colleges are listed below.
- Princeton University – Although the price of this college per year is outrageous, it is the number one private college. You must have some pretty good grades, factoring in that only 10% of the students that apply get accepted.
- California Institute of Technology – This is a smaller college since class sizes are around 230 people per year. This is another tough college to get into, 17% of students get accepted.
- Harvard University – We all know about Harvard. This is one of the best schools in the world! The acceptance rate is just a slim 9%!
- Swarthmore College – If you’ve never heard of this college, it is in Pennsylvania, and it’s known as the #4 private college! It’s acceptance rate is a higher percentage being 18%
- Williams College – Williams comes in number 5, and has an acceptance rate of 18.5%.
- Amherst College – Another great school, yet another costly price of $48,353 per year. To get accepted, you must be in the 18%.
- Wellesley College – If you’re looking for a better shot to get accepted, be sure to consider this college! It has an acceptance rate of %35!
- Yale University - This college costs around $50,350/year and has an acceptance rate of 10%.
- Columbia University – At almost $50,000 a year, you have a 8.68% of getting into this college.
- Northwestern University – Lastly, we have Northwestern which is another larger private college. The acceptance rate on this is a little higher compared to the others being 27%.
As you can see, there are some great colleges out there! Private colleges are great colleges, they just happen to be a little more expensive most of the time. Although, if you’ve studied hard all your life, and you want to make it happen, do good on your testing, and get accepted into one of these top 10!