College is a whole new experience if you’re going there for the first time. If If you’re going to be living on campus, you may find that you’re not going to know anybody at all. Sure, you may find that there are a handful of people from your old High School, but that may not be enough.
Meeting people really isn’t that hard. If you’re wanting to meet people, there are others out there that want to do the same thing. I thought up of 7 places that you can head to today in order to meet people. Whether you’re looking for friendships, relationships, or just a study buddy, be social, and you should be able to meet someone!
- Right in the classroom. Obviously we’re all going to college to learn. You’re going to find loads of people in your class. Start up some small talk with some people that you’d like to get to know. This is by far the best place to meet people.
- The local coffee shop. Every college is near some sort of town. Since many students love to leave the campus, you will find some people lounging around at the local coffee shop. Again, a great place to find people.
- A house party. Parties are all around the block. What you’re going to find out is that if you like to party, you can find hundreds of others that like to do the same thing. Is this good for your college life? Probably not, but you be the judge.
- Student interest groups. Every college has some sort of groups that you can participate in. Are you against the war? There’s a group for that. These are great because you’re going to be able to socialize with those that share similar interests.
- Try your luck online. If you want to start dating someone, you may just want to start looking at online dating sites. Its a great way to find those around you and you may find that if you’re in a college only town, it won’t be too hard to find someone going to your school.
- The library. A lot of students tend to stay around the campus a lot. What you’re going to find out on the campus is that many tend to hang around the library. Check out this location to see who hangs out there.
- At work. I would recommend that you get a part time job at school. Not only will it provide you with some money, it will enable you to meet some people that you work with.
The list can go on and one. You’re going to find that if you have particular interests, you’re going to want to hang around those spots where those type of people hang out. Test your luck with some of the locations above and see if you can meet someone!