You’re going to have those mornings where you wake up at 6 AM and find out that you’re just going to drag for the day. We all know what it feels like to go to bed at 2 and wake up at 6. Thankfully for caffeine, you’re going to be able to get that jolt that you need.
Most dorm rooms across the United States really won’t care if you use a coffee maker. After all, you’re only going to need to use filters, water, and some electricity. Sure, you may smell up the hall with coffee, but who doesn’t like that smell?
You’re going to want a pot that doesn’t cook up more than 4 cups. It got me thinking and as part of our dorm room checklist series, I thought I would give you the top 5 individual coffee makers on the market today.
- #1 Black and Decker DCM18S (around $20): This reasonably priced individual coffee maker has over 750 reviews on Amazon! The fair majority of them state that this is one of the best coffee makers known to man. It brews coffee right into your 15 ounce mug, as well as comes equipped with a permanent filter so that you don’t need those disposable ones.
- #2 Keurig B40 Elite Gourment (around $125): This single cup coffee maker is going to cost you a pretty penny, but it’s going to be worth it in the long haul. This machine uses the K-Cups, which gets rid of the messy grinding and clean up.
- #3 Keurig B30 Mini Brewers (around $90): I have found that the Keurig series is pretty popular for individuals. This is a single serve system that brews an 8 ounce cup. It can be ready in less than 3 minutes!
- #4 Single Cup Coffee Maker by Brookstone (around $40): You’ve been to the mall before and have seen the Brookstone stores. This coffee maker has actually received some decent reviews. It’s reasonable in price and brews a cup in less than 2 minutes!
- #5 Black and Decker DCM18 Brew N’ Go (around $30): This is another Black and Decker series that has received fantastic reviews. Brews up to 15 ounces, as well as comes with a permanent filter to eliminate that messy clean up!
No matter what you want to pay in price, you’re going to find that there’s going to be something for you. Again, I would recommend the individual series, because you’re going to find out that you don’t want to cook up a pot for 12 people. You’re just not going to be able to drink that much.
If you get something such as the Keurig series, just make sure that you keep in mind that you’re going to have to buy the cups, which can get rather expensive. Other than that, the higher price may mean higher quality down the road!