It is very important to make sure you stay debt free when in college. Yes, there are those awful student loans that need to be paid back but we’re talking otherwise. We want to stay debt free besides student loans. How can college students do that? It is very easy although many college students find themselves head deep into debt. It is that time when they can now get their own credit card and pay for things themselves. There are many things that get students into debt. What are the reasons and how can they be avoided? Continue to read below to find out!
- Use a credit card wisely
- Don’t spend more than you make – it’s that simple
- Pay credit cards off on time
- Pay credit card balances off in full to prevent high interests rates
- Always buy things on sale
- Use coupons as often as you can
- Carpool to the college campus with your friends
- Save on gas money and eliminate all unecessary driving
- Find alternatives for having fun that are cost free
- Stop partying so often – it is very expensive to do if you do it on a regular basis
- Stop smoking – it’s bad for your health, unecessary and expensive as well.
- Buy the off brand for as much as possible – no one can ever tell the difference!
- Eliminate any possible bills entirely
- Do good in college – this means don’t fail any classes so you don’t have to spend money on retaking them.
- Do wise grocery shopping
- Get an affordable car – with affordable car insurance. You’re in college not a fully grown adult so don’t worry about having a luxury car just yet!
- Limit weekly activities/going out
- Save atleast 10% of each paycheck
- Keep up with your savings account – yes this can be hard, but you will need it in the future more than you will now.
There are so many ways to stay debt free. It is easy just stop spending as much money. If you’re really looking for ways to become or have a debt free life, keep the tips above in mind!