When going to college we interact with a lot of people. From touching the same items, sharing the same things and just talking with one another can spread germs. There is nothing worse than feeling sick/miserable and then getting behind in school. If you want to lessen your chances of getting sick you may want to consider some of the tips below.
Ways to avoid getting sick at college:
- Always wash your hands – After going through the entire day at school, you want to always make sure that you wash your hands when you get home. You also want to make sure you wash your hands before you eat. If you’re at campus and you’re getting a quick bite to eat make sure you either wash your hands or you use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid certain areas – If you can, avoid certain places and areas. Places like the library, and the bathrooms carry a lot of germs. From touching the keyboards and door knobs that other people have touched, that is a good way to spread germs.
- Watch out for certain food/drinks – If you feel like you have a cold coming on be careful of what you eat and drink. You will want to make sure you get a lot of vitamins at that time to create a stronger immune system. Try to avoid drinks like pop, and foods that are high in calories/fats and are low in vitamins.
- Get a good amount of rest – Getting a good amount of rest is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick. Getting the recommended amount of sleep per day helps your immune system and gives your body the energy it needs.
- Drink a lot of water – As always you should drink a lot of water. Drinking a lot of water flushes out all the bad toxins in your body. It also keeps you hydrated, healthy and energized.
- Take a daily vitamin – Taking a daily vitamin is very important especially if you don’t eat healthy. Vitamins keep your body up to date with all the daily amounts they should maintain. Vitamin C is very important to get on a daily basis. It helps build a stronger immune system and make your body stronger when fighting off illnesses.
If you want to avoid getting sick in college you should definitely keep the points listed above in mind. Flu season always starts when the weather changes and when school starts. Be the one who has a strong immune system and is able to fight off any infections and viruses.