Lately, it seems as though we hear more negative things about how we don’t recycle enough, how people on this Earth are wasteful, and how we’re not doing our part to save our environment. Our Earth is an extremely important thing to take care of. If we all contribute and do things to help our environment, we’ll have a much safer place to live, and a much brighter future for everyone. Although you may feel like you’re “just a college student”, that doesn’t mean you can’t help! Continue reading below to find out how you can do your part to save our environment.
- Carpool to school as much as you can. Not only does this help the environment, but it also helps keep money in your pocket!
- When going grocery shopping, be sure to use recyclable durable bags. This will eliminate the use of so many plastic and paper bags.
- Recycle all of your homework and worksheets at the end of each semester.
- Recycle everything you can that you throw away on a daily basis.
- Instead of printing each study guide/worksheet out for each class, upload it onto your computer to save paper.
- Use e-mail instead of mailing letters.
- Reuse your old homework sheets for scrap paper. Simply use the back of the page to avoid using a clean sheet of paper.
- Recycle all newspapers and sales ads.
- Be conscientious when it comes to plastic. Instead of drinking from a new water bottle each day, refill it or use a washable water bottle and avoid using plastic.
- Do your planting and have fun making a garden this year. Trees are great for the environment and help clean the air and give off oxygen.
As you can see, there are many things we can do to help our environment. If you’re looking for a happier, and healthier Earth, be sure to think about contributing, by considering these environmentally friendly tips above!