The economy today has been a huge scare to many of us. Thousands are loosing their jobs and the unemployment rate is going up even more. Today, it is important to make sure you have a college degree. That can at least get you a job and benefits along with it. Not only does it allow a brighter future for you but you will also have a better feeling knowing you have a career instead of a job that may shut down at any given point.
So you may be thinking, “I want to go to college”. Although many adults are scared away from it because they don’t know what to expect and they think it will be too hard because they’ve forgotten everything. If you’re thinking this right now, don’t let it get the best of you. There are plenty of adults out there that go to college even the elderly. Do not get discouraged, instead read below to find out what you’ll expect.
- It is almost like high school again. The atmosphere is still the learning feel and there are many kids ranging from about 20 to a couple hundred in each class depending on where you go.
- There are many different age ranges. There are students right out of high school and there are adults that are 70, it is always different.
- The professors are just like any other teacher you had in high school. You have your nice ones that are also lenient and then you have the tough ones that don’t cut you any slack what so ever.
- The time flies when you’re in college. It may not seem like it while its happening but after you’re first year you’ll say “Wow I’m already a sophomore!”
- Going to college is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Don’t get discouraged, go to school so you can have your dream job you’ve always wanted and better your life.
- College schedules are very easy to work with. It is very common for someone to go just two days a week. You can usually go Tuesday and Thursday or Monday and Wednesday. This allows you time to still work at your current job.
- There are also online classes that you can take that make things way easier for some if you’re able to use a computer. This means you never have go to class and you can learn right from home.
- College can be affordable. My best advice to you is to go to a community college for the first two years. This will save you at least half compared to a University. As long as your credits will transfer to the certain University, you’ll be just fine! Also, buy used textbooks and never new, this will save you a ton of money of the years. Remember, student loans are availabe too if you don’t have the money right away. They are able to be borrowed and then payed back when you have that dream job and you’re making good money.
Going to college when you’re older is something a lot of people have to go through. Back then you didn’t need a college degree to get a good job, but now it is almost a must. You don’t want to work for minimum wage the rest of your life so make sure you’re going to benefit your future by going to college!