The SAT is always allowing you to take tests, but how the heck do you know when it’s time to take it, and how can you sign up? The process is fairly simple, and it only takes a few minutes of your time.
#1 – Register: The first thing that you’re going to want to do before taking the SAT is to make sure that you register. If you register too late, you’re going to have to pay late fees. The registration deadlines are as follows for 2009 – 2010.
The dates for 2009 to 2010 are as follows. Next to the test date will be when you have to register by to avoid the late fees.
- January 23, 2010 (SAT and Subject Tests): Register by 12/23/09.
- March 13, 2010 (SAT only): Register by February 4,2010.
- May 1, 2010 (SAT and Subject Tests): Register by March 25, 2010
- June 5, 2010 (Sat and Subject Tests): Register by April 29,2010
These dates are going to change year, after year, so make sure that you look for a new schedule for the 2nd half of 2010.
If you’re unfamiliar with the SAT tests, and the process, I wrote a few posts in the past that can help you. Also, if you’re prepping for the test, there’s a huge list of self help books online that can help you tremendously!
- Differences between the SAT and the ACT
- Study tips for you SAT
- Everything you need to know about the SAT
If you need fee information, and more up to date SAT test dates, refer to CollegeBoard for more information.