When you first move into your dorm room, you’re going to soon find out that the room is nothing but a small square concrete room, with no flavor at all. Since most of us college students have a smaller budget, it’s going to be hard to get the room looking halfway decent.
If you want some dorm room decorating ideas, here are some that you can use.
- Know a theme: Do you want a specific theme for your dorm room? For example, do you want a particular colored theme, or do you want something such as a Hawaiian, or Outdoorsy? Themes can help you decide what will fit your dorm room best.
- Get some lighting: Lighting can add a whole bunch of life to your dorm room. The best thing to get is either a stand up lamp, or a lamp that can sit on a desk. This way, you don’t have to use the overhead light every time you need to do something in the room.
- Get cheaper furniture pieces: Places like Ikea, and Amazon both have cheap furniture. Look for smaller things like chairs, desks, and nightstands. You can find many little things that are less than $100 that will make your dorm room look like a million bucks.
- Flavor the walls: No wall is complete without pictures. Since many colleges won’t let you paint, you can always tack up some pictures, or posters that hide the ugly walls. Find cheap posters online, or find pictures at the Salvation Army, or elsewhere to go with your dorm room flow. Even if you go over the top, you can take these pictures to your home in the future.
- Create storage: Another great way to free up room in your dorm is simply by getting storage bins, or units. If you find that you’re having a lot of stuff laying around your dorm, you can buy cheaper storage bins online, or at a local store such as Target.
These are all ideas that you can use when you’re looking to make the most out of your dorm room, as well as liven it up. Try these tips, and see what you can do!