We all know that when you’re in college, you’re not going to be able to wine and dine every Friday and Saturday night for $150. Instead, you’re going to have to think of some great alternatives that really aren’t going to cost you an arm and leg.
What you’re going to find out is that if you’re creative, you can still have fun. You don’t have to spend a boat load of money in order to have fun with your date.
Listed below are a few ideas that you can potentially use when you’re thinking about going out and not having to spend a lot of money!
- #1 Head to the park: Grab a picnic lunch, grab a blanket and head to your favorite park. As long as the weather is good, this shouldn’t cost you that much money. Don’t have a lot of money? Well, if you wish, you can hit up a local sub joint to grab some chips and subs.
- #2 Head out for a bike ride: You should have a bike on campus because its the best way to go. Grab your bikes, head around town, and just explore. Its a great way to chat with one another, as well as explore the area.
- #3 Just rent a movie: The movies are just outrageous today. Who wants to spend $20 for a movie night? I know I don’t! Instead, head back to your apartment, dorm, or whatever it may be. Grab a movie at your local Redbox and pay no more than $1.
- #4 Visit a local museum: Your local museums, as well as botanical gardens have free days, as well as days where you can get discounts. Check out the schedule to see what you can take advantage of. This is a great way to take advantage of the day!
- #5 Go to a local sporting game: No, you don’t have to go to a pro sporting event. Instead, find the minor league teams. These are just as fun and you can get tickets for as low as a few dollars each!
- #6 Make a meal together: A lot of people like to cook and if you want to be creative, what you can do is grab a recipe, gather up the ingredients, and cook for the night. Its a great way to spend the night!
- #7 Lounge at the coffee shop: A place like Starbucks or your local Mom and Pop shop is a great place to lounge around and chat. Its quiet, as well as a great place to people watch. Grab a $2 coffee and spend a few hours there.
- #8 Walk around the city: If you live in a fun city such as Chicago or New York, you’re going to have millions of things to do. Head downtown, hit up a few shops, as well as a bite to eat!