College students are very busy people, and if you’re one of them you know this first hand. It isn’t easy to go to school full-time, do the homework that is required, study every day, and then find time for free time. As college students, we tend to push things aside, and then we really pay for it later. Procrastination is something we’re all familiar with. Although it is hard to find time to do other things other can college related things, it is possible. Working a job and going to college is possible, and is highly recommended for each college student.
We could all use a little bit more spending money ALL the time. When we have money, we have less stress in our lives, are able to pay for things easier, and can treat ourselves once, and a while to the things we really enjoy. If you’re a college student that needs to know how you can maintain a job and go to college at the same time, continue reading below for some help and advice!
- Have days just for school.
- Have days just for work.
- Do a little bit of your school work each day to avoid getting behind.
- Try to find a job that allows you to work reasonable hours, and not too late or too early.
- When you go to school work on homework in between classes.
- If you go to school 2 days a week, and have all your classes schedule those days, work 3 days a week (this allows you two free days off.)
- So, generally limit yourself to work about 2-3 days a week at about 8 hours a day.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Make sure you use your time wisely, and get enough sleep.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour each day to avoid getting too tired, and run down (that isn’t hard to do.)
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help you balance your time better. Going to college, and working a job seems very difficult but it can definitely be done. You’ll feel much better, have more money, and you’ll really learn how to manage your time!