Being a college student isn’t easy. You’re going to be tight on a budget, you’re always going to be tired because of class, and it’s going to seem as if you’re social life is going down the toilet. As part of our dorm room checklist series, I wanted to showcase something that you may find that’s well worth the money.
Yes, you’re probably looking at the title and thinking, “An espresso machine?” Why the heck do I need one and how is it going to help?
Well, first off, if you don’t drink any type of coffee drinks, this isn’t going to be for you. If you do, you’re going to save so much money by purchasing one. Let’s say that you spend $5 for a coffee / espresso, etc each morning. That can add up to over $1,000 a year. A decent espresso machine is going to set you back around $300 or so. Yes, it’s expensive, but is well worth it!
Listed below are the top 5 rated machines on the market today that you may want to highly consider:
- Nespresso C100-US-Aero: A very reasonably priced automatic espresso machine. It serves a single-serve automatic espresso with a one-touch milk frother. Has a 19-bar pump, as well as a ThermoBlock heating system.
- Capresso 121.01 Ultima: Comes equipped with a one year limited warranty, as well as a steaming wand that froths the milk for delicious cappuccinos, as well as lattes. Great for those that care about not leaving a mess behind. The machine automatically discards used grounds!
- Nespresso Le Cube C185: For the value, this is one of the only ones that you can find one the market for less than $200. It has a thermoblock heating system, a 19-bar pump, as well as a removable water tank, making for easy cleaning.
- DeLonghi ESAM3300: If you’re willing to make a bigger investment, you may want to consider this machine. It has very high marks and is going to get the job done. Makes automatic espresso/coffee with an integrated coffee grinder. It has a heated cup tray, removable water tank, as well as a bean container for easy filling.
- Nespresso CitiZ: The last one of the list is the CitiZ Automatic Espresso Maker. This single serve automatic machine has an integrated aeroccino for creating milk based coffee drinks at the touch of a button.
Again, I wouldn’t say this is necessary, but it will be a great investment if you find yourself purchasing a drink like these each and every morning. It’s quick, easy, and it’s going to save you a ton of money!