Whether you need to write an essay for your application into college, or you need to write one for your class, there may be times where you’re stuck and that’s okay! I’ve been there before and honestly, I don’t know what I would have done without the Internet.
You’re going to find that there are a lot of essay based websites out there. Some are garbage, while others can provide you with a lot of details. I wanted to showcase 5 websites that I endorse that not only will help you write a better essay, but give you ideas as well.
- #1 EssaySample.com - A fairly simple site, but it does the trick. Right off the bat, you can search for what you’re looking for. Whether you’re looking for a science related page, or something during the 1900s, there’s a good chance that they have a format that you can follow.
- #2 Roane State - This college has a small selection of samples, but you will find that they are very effective. I’ve searched countless times online and I can’t tell you how many times I have found garbage sites wanting to charge you for an essay. Here, you can get quality based examples.
- #3 CollegeBoard - I have found a lot of good topics here and no matter what you want college related, you’re going to find that this site is going to help you with whatever you may need. On their Essay Skills page, you’re going to find some examples, steps to writing one properly, and more.
- #4 TeenInk - This is a great website for college essays because you can see how other people voted on them. I didn’t really see this with the other sites. Look at the topics, as well as what other people thought of them. If you want, you can submit your work as well to get some great critiques.
- #5 EssayTown - EssayTown is another site jammed packed with information. They do have a paid option where you can download a ton of essays, but if you want a simple, few essays to check out, they have a little selection that you can look into.
Most of these sites are going to be able to give you a rough idea on what you should do. While you want to be creative, never copy an essay and reword this. It just isn’t going to work. Instead, be yourself and see what can work for you.